A blend of simple ingredients makes the Best Cheeseburger ever.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time17 mins
- 1 - 1 1/4 pound ground chuck
- 1 good size clove of garlic grated
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 1/2 T half and half OR whole milk
- 3 dashes Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce Tabasco works fine too
- Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 T COLD butter chopped into very small pieces (similar to the eraser on the end of a pencil)
Mix the meat, garlic, onion, milk, hot sauce, butter and salt/pepper together in a bowl.
Score the mixture so you have four equal parts.
Form the patties without over-handling the meat and using your thumb make an indentation in the center of the patty (keeps the burger from puffing in the middle).
Season the outside of the burgers with salt and pepper.
Allow the burgers to come to room temperature and once the grill is preheated, place the burgers the rack and grill 3-4 minutes per side for medium well, turning just once.
Toast the buns for a few minutes just before the burgers are done.
Top with your favorite cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion.