Turkey Sweet Potato Chili
Turkey Sweet Potato Chili ~ ground or leftover turkey, sweet potatoes, black beans, corn, onion and bold spices ~ easy, delicious healthy chili!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper chopped
- 1 jalapeño finely chopped
- 1 medium sweet potato diced
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 14 ounce diced tomatoes
- 15 ounce can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn frozen or canned
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 3 1/2 cups V8 juice
- Juice from ½ lime
- 3 tablespoons cilantro chopped
Heat the oil over medium high heat in a deep pot then add the turkey, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno pepper. Season with salt and pepper and crumble the turkey with a wooden spoon as it cooks and browns.
Add the sweet potato and cook 2 minutes.
Next add the green chilies, tomatoes, beans, corn, chili seasoning and V8 juice. Stir to completely combine.
Cover, bring to a low boil and simmer 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Squeeze the lime juice into the chili and fold in the cilantro. Serve right away.
Note: this chili freezes well in freezer-safe airtight containers.