Grilled Foil Potatoes
Grilled or oven baked ranch seasoned diced potatoes and onions grilled in foil until tender and browned, topped with bacon and gooey melted cheese then finished off with a dollop of sour cream.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time30 mins
- 1 1/2 pounds Russet potatoes cut into about 1″ cubes (about 4 medium potatoes)
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce dry ranch seasoning package
- 1 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated (or more to taste)
- 1 cup precooked bacon pieces
- cooking spra
- aluminum foil
- OPTIONAL: sour cream, parsley
In a medium bowl melt the butter in the microwave then add the olive oil.
Cut the potatoes into about 1″ cubes leaving the skins on and thinly slice the onion then add to the bowl tossing to coat with the butter-olive oil. Sprinkle on the ranch seasoning stirring until the potatoes and onions are coated.
Preheat the grill to medium high heat (about 400 degrees).
Tear off 4 sheet of aluminum foil about 12″ each then lightly spray the center of each sheet with cooking spray. Divide the potatoes between the foil sheets then fold the foil around the potatoes, pinching the edges to seal them.
Grill 20-25 minutes turning about every 5 minutes until the potatoes are tender. Open the foil packs and top with cheese and bacon then continue grilling with the lid closed about 5 more minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve right away with sour cream for topping.