Spicy New Orleans Shrimp
Spicy New Orleans Style Shrimp ~ marinated shrimp baked in spicy New Orleans sauce. Serve with rice and crusty bread.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time12 mins
Total Time20 mins
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-3 dashes Tabasco (or more to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 whole lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley
Peel and devein the shrimp.
Add the other ingredients to an ovenproof skillet. Bring to a boil and simmer 5-7 minutes then remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool. Taste and if you'd prefer add another 1-2 dashes of Tabasco.
Add the shrimp to the sauce, stirring to coat them then cover and refrigerate 30-60 minutes.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees the bake the shrimp 8-12 minutes or until the shrimp are slightly opaque.
Serve warm with crusty bread or over rice.