Baked Sausage Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
Easy, any night sheet pan dinner ~ fresh sausage, potatoes and brussels sprouts seasoned with Dijon mustard and herbs.
- ¼ large red onion cut in ½” strips
- 2 ½ cups brussels sprouts
- 3 fresh sausage Kielbasa was used but Italian or Brats would be good too
- 2 ½ cups red skin potatoes peel on and cubed yukon gold or russets can also be used
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely minced
- cracked black pepper
- salt to taste
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees then whisk the honey, dijon, olive oil and thyme in a bowl large enough to hold the vegetables as well. Add 3-4 cracks of fresh black pepper and once it’s combined add the onion, brussels sprouts and potatoes gently tossing to coat all the veggies.
Transfer the vegetables to a sheet pan and give them a generous seasoning of salt. Nestle the sausages between the vegetables and bake uncovered 30 minutes (or until the sausage is cooked through), turning the sausages over at the halfway point.
If you like your sausage a little darker you can pop it under the broiler for a few seconds when it’s done baking