BBQ Chicken Pizza Dip
Everything we love about BBQ Chicken Pizza in dip form.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garlic powder light sprinkle
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce divided
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup ranch dressing
- 1 1/4 cups smoked Gouda cheese shredded
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped divided
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup bell peppers sliced (any color)
- 3 tablespoons red onion chopped
Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Generously season the chicken with salt and pepper, lightly sprinkle with garlic powder then add the chicken to the skillet, searing on both sides.
After the chicken is seared (it won’t be cooked through at this point), spread 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce over the top and bake at 375° 15-20 minutes or until it’s cooked through.
In a bowl blend the cream cheese, sour cream, ranch dressing ½ cup of smoked Gouda, all of the mozzarella, 2 tablespoons of cilantro and the lime juice.
Lightly grease an approximately 8 x 8" shallow baking dish then spread the cream cheese mixture onto the bottom of it.
When the chicken is finished cooking shred it using two forks or your fingers and blend it with the remaining sauce in the pan.
Layer the chicken over the cream cheese blend.
Top with the remaining smoked Gouda cheese, onions and bell peppers then drizzle the remaining barbecue sauce over the top.
Bake at 375° 15 minutes or until bubbly and lightly browned.
Sprinkle with the remaining cilantro and serve right away with bread, crackers or tortilla chips.