Italian Pasta Salad
Cheese stuffed tortellini blended with smoked meats and veggies, dressed in Italian dressing.
- 2 9 ounce packages cheese tortellini Buitoni brand used
- 1/2 cup pepperoni halved
- 1 cup sliced mini bell peppers or 1 whole large pepper chopped
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 8 ounces provolone cheese chopped
- 8 ounces salami chopped
- 6 ounce can sliced black olives drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup banana peppers rough chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil sliced into ribbons
- 1 cup Italian dressing homemade (see BELOW) or your favorite bottled
- Sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
BEST Salad Dressing
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (dry)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano (dried)
Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Transfer to a small jar or container with a lid and refrigerate.
Cook the tortellini according to package directions.
In a large bowl combine all ingredients (except salt and pepper) then fold in 1/2 cup of the Italian dressing. Season with salt and pepper as you like. Toss with the remaining dressing just before serving.
Refrigerate 2-4 hours or overnight for best flavor.
Drizzle additional dressing just before serving.