One Pot Cajun Chicken Pasta
Creamy Cajun Chicken Pasta cooks completely in one pot. Spicy Cajun chicken, sliced mushrooms and bell pepper blanketed in a creamy spicy Cajun alfredo sauce.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces can sub chicken thighs
- 1 small small onion diced
- 1 cup bell pepper diced (any color)
- 2 whole garlic cloves grated
- 1 ½ cups fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups milk any %
- ¾ cup heavy cream divided
- 2 cups UNCOOKED penne pasta
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: diced tomatoes, basil or extra grated parmesan cheese
Combine the olive oil and 1 ½ tablespoons of Cajun seasoning in a bowl. Add bite size pieces of chicken then gently toss to coat.
In a deep skillet or pot over medium heat add the chicken then cook about 2 minutes per side until they get some color (they won't be cooked through at this point).
Add the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil then drop in the onions, bell pepper, mushrooms and grated garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté 1-2 minutes or until the onions start to soften.
Pour in the chicken stock and 1/2 cup of the heavy cream then bring to a boil. Add the UNCOOKED pasta and cook 8-10 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring often so the pasta doesn’t stick to the skillet (there will be a small amount of liquid left in the skillet at this point).
Fold in the remaining heavy cream, parmesan cheese and parsley stirring well to combine. Taste and adjust for salt and pepper, add (optional) diced tomatoes and extra parmesan cheese to garnish then serve right away