Grinch Cookies Recipe
Grinch Cookies boxed cake mix. fun, tasty holiday treat for kids of all ages.
- 15.25 ounce box cake mix white or yellow
- 4 tablespoons butter softened to room temp
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- green food coloring gel type recommended
- ⅓ cup confectioners (powdered) sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- Candy hearts may substitute red cinnamon candies
- Parchment paper optional
- “Glue” for hearts:
- ¼ cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Sandwich size baggie
Preheat the oven to 375° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add the dry cake mix, room temp butter, eggs and oil to a medium size mixing bowl. Use a hand mixer to combine.
Blend in green food color gel until it reaches your preferred shade of green then refrigerate the dough 15 minutes for easier handling.
Combine the powdered sugar and cornstarch in a small bowl.
Roll the dough into about 1” balls (use a scooper if you have one) then coat the balls in the powdered sugar mixture.
Place the cookie balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (do not flatten the balls) and bake 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are lightly brown on the bottom.
Remove from the oven and leave the cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Decorating the Grinch Cookies: