Crockpot Enchilada Soup
Loaded with bold flavor, chunks of chicken and lots of gooey, melted cheese. Better than any restaurant version + assembles in 5 minutes. Load it up with your favorite toppings!
- 1 - 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 10 ounce can enchilada sauce medium spice level used
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can corn drained
- 4 ounce can green chilies
- 1 small onion chopped
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes including juices
- 1 cup chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup cilantro finely chopped
- juice from half of one lime
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 ounces cream cheese
Drain and rinse the black beans and drain the juice from the corn. Add the chicken to the crockpot, season with salt and pepper then add the remaining ingredients except the shredded cheese, cream cheese and cilantro. Cover and cook on high 4- 4 1/2 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
Fritos, avocado slices, guacamole, sour cream, plain Greek yogurt, lime wedges, extra cilantro.
When the soup is finished cooking, remove the chicken from the crockpot then shred or chop in bite size pieces and return to the pot. Increase the heat to high then fold in the cheeses and cilantro and cook (covered) 5 minutes or until the cheeses are melted. Stir to completely combine all ingredients.
Calories: 447kcal | Carbohydrates: 8.5g | Protein: 46.4g | Fat: 24.8g | Cholesterol: 150mg | Sodium: 612mg | Potassium: 577mg | Fiber: 1.9g | Sugar: 3.1g | Calcium: 224mg | Iron: 3mg