Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Authentic Greek recipe with plain Greek yogurt and shredded cucumbers. Simple, healthy appetize or sauce with meat, chicken or seafood.
- 1/2 English cucumber grated
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped (OR same amount of dry dill)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Grate the cucumber then add to a colander. Gently press on the grated cucumber with your fingers to release the liquid then transfer the cucumber to a bowl. If the cucumber still seems very moist, pat it with a paper towel.
Add the Greek yogurt, dill, olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar then grate in the garlic and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then cover and chill about 15 minutes. Serve with pita and vegetables as an appetizer or over chicken, meat or seafood.