Tzatziki Sauce Recipe
Creamy healthy Greek yogurt blended with shredded cucumbers and a few other ingredients for a simple appetizer with pita bread and veggies or a sauce for chicken, meat and seafood.
- 1/2 English cucumber grated
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt Fage brand recommended
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh dill finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice fresh squeezed
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic grated
- salt and pepper to taste
Grate the cucumber then add to a colander. Gently press on the grated cucumber with your fingers to release the liquid then transfer the cucumber to a bowl.
Add the Greek yogurt, dill, olive oil, lemon juice and vinegar then grate in the garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then cover and chill about 15 minutes. Serve with pita and vegetables as an appetizer or over chicken, meat or seafood.