Chicken Pad Thai Soup
Chicken Pad Thai Soup ~ spicy, lightly sweet with a hint of tangy lime - loaded with chicken, noodles and vegetables + layers of flavor! Easy, 30 minute meal with gourmet taste!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts cut in bite size pieces
- 1 cup carrots cut to match sticks
- 1 cup red bell pepper cut to match sticks
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 inch fresh ginger grated
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- juice from half of one lime
- 2 tablespoons sriracha or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 packages Fortune Udon Noodles chicken flavor
- 14 ounce can bean sprouts drained
- 13.5 ounce can lite coconut milk
- optional garnish: chopped peanuts
Drizzle the olive oil into a soup pot, add the bite size pieces of chicken then season with salt and pepper and cook 2 minutes (chicken won’t be cooked through at this point).
Add the match stick carrots and bell pepper. You can chop the carrots yourself or buy them already cut in the grocery store. Cook 2 minutes then grate in the garlic and fresh ginger and cook 1 more minute.
Pour the chicken stock, soy sauce, lime juice and sriracha. Bring to a boil then blend in the peanut butter, stirring to completely combine. Reduce the heat and add the chicken flavor packet (don’t add the noodles yet), bean sprouts and cilantro then stir well and continue cooking 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chicken cooked through.
Shake the can of coconut milk well then add it to the soup along with the Fortune Noodles then cover and simmer 3 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
Ladle soup into bowls, garnish with extra cilantro and (optional) chopped peanuts then serve right away.