Buffalo Chicken Quesadillas
Flour tortillas rolled into cones and stuffed with buffalo chicken and cheese then air fried or baked until crisp. These quesadillas are the ideal handheld dinner or fun, party appetizer!
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vegetable oil divided
- 1/2 pound boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened to room temp
- 3 tablespoons Buffalo sauce Frank's brand used
- 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded (can use sharp cheddar)
- 2 tablespoons celery finely chopped
- 3-4 6" flour tortillas called fajita size
- small bowl of water to seal quesadillas
Buffalo Chicken-Cheese Filling
Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of vegetable oil to a large skillet then finely dice the chicken and add to the skillet. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper and cook until no longer pink (5-7 minutes) then transfer to a medium size bowl.
Add the softened cream cheese, buffalo sauce, shredded cheese and finely chopped celery to the bowl then blend well.
Making the Quesadillas
Cut the tortillas in half then roll each half into a cone shape. Add about 2 heaping teaspoons of chicken blend to the cone leaving about 1/4″ open at the top. Using your finger, dab water on the inside of the cone then firmly press to seal it.
Continue until all of the chicken is gone then using the remaining teaspoon of vegetable oil lightly brush both sides of the quesadillas with oil.
Preheat the oven to 400° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easier cleanup. Place the quesadillas onto the baking sheet, brush with oil then bake 8-10 minutes or until golden, turning halfway through.
Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dunking.