Cinnamon Roll Apple Crisp
Cinnamon Roll Apple Crisp - warm cinnamon roll crust topped with diced apples and a crispy oat crisp. Quick and easy dessert – or breakfast – full of fall flavors!
- 12.4 ounce refrigerated cinnamon roll package + icing included in pkg
- 4 medium apples (Honey Crisp used) approx. 4 cups peeled, cored and diced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Crispy Oat Topping:
- 5 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350° then grease a baking dish (2 quart rectangle OR 9×9 squarel).
Remove the icing from the package of cinnamon rolls and set it aside. Place the cinnamon rolls in the baking dish and press them down using your fingers to form a crust.
Scatter the diced apples evenly over the top of the cinnamon roll crust then sprinkle the apples with the granulated sugar and cinnamon.
Melt the butter in a medium bowl in the microwave then add the flour, old fashioned oats, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir well.
Scatter the oatmeal mixture over the apples then bake 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the apples are tender (you can test the apples by piercing them with a fork).
Remove from the oven and drizzle the icing from the cinnamon roll package over the top. Serve warm or at room temperature.