Garlic Herb Butter
Garlic Herb Compound Butter for turkey, steak, garlic bread, corn on the cob and more! Fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice and zest - enhances the flavor of almost anything!
- 1 stick salted butter softened to room temp
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Italian parsley finely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves grated
- 1/4 fresh lemon juice and zest
NOTE: start with room temperature butter so your compound butter will blend better. If your butter is chilled when you’re ready to start, you can microwave it for a few seconds on partial power – just be sure not to melt it!
Finely chop the herbs then transfer all the ingredients in a medium size bowl. Mix until it’s combined well then spoon into 4 ounce size canning jars.
To make a log you'll slice into rounds, place the compound butter on a large piece of plastic wrap then roll into a cylinder shape. Twist the ends to seal the butter and refrigerate until it’s solid then slice it into rounds when you’re ready to use.