Italian Sausage Tortellini
20 minute Italian Sausage Tortellini cooks all in one pot! Italian sausage, fresh tortellini, tomatoes, spinach and parmesan cheese in a delicious creamy sauce.
- 2 links Italian Sausage (fresh NOT smoked) removed from casing
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes including the juices
- 2 teaspoons dry Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups fresh tortellini 3-cheese OR spinach-cheese flavor
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated (+ more for serving)
- salt to taste
Make a slit down the length of each sausage then remove the sausage from the casing and crumble it into the skillet. Cook over medium heat until it’s no longer pink, breaking up any clumps.
Grate in the garlic, add the tomato paste then stir to blend and cook one minute.
Add the chicken stock, diced tomatoes (and their juices), dry Italian seasoning, heavy cream, tortellini and spinach then stir to combine.
Cook uncovered 5-6 minutes over medium heat until the tortellini is tender, the sauce has thickened and the spinach is wilted.
Stir in the parmesan cheese then taste and season with salt to your preference. Serve right away with extra grated parmesan cheese.