Baked Tomato Goat Cheese Dip
Baked Tomato Goat Cheese Dip with fresh herbs and capers. Simple, delicious appetizer - serve with toasted baguette.
- 10-12 ounces grape tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme minced
- 4-5 ounce goat cheese log sizes vary with brand
- 2 tablespoons capers drained
- 1 baguette sliced and lightly toasted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.Add the halved tomatoes, olive oil, salt and minced thyme to a small baking dish and toss to coat.
Nestle the goat cheese into the middle of the tomatoes then bake 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is lightly browned and tomatoes have wilted slightly and released their juices.
Blend the capers with the tomatoes and bake 2 more minutes.
Serve warm with sliced, lightly toasted baguette.