White Spinach Queso
White Spinach Queso ~ warm, gooey cheese dip with fresh spinach and loaded with plenty of spicy flavor. Easy, stovetop recipe.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded and finely minced
- 1 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1 small tomato seeded and diced (1/2 to 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 cup milk 2% used, can use whole milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cup pepper jack cheese freshly grated
- salt to taste
Melt the butter in a deep skillet or saucepan over medium heat then add the jalapeno and chopped spinach. Season lightly with salt and cook for 2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
Reduce the heat to low then sprinkle the flour over the top, toss to coat well then cook 1 minute stirring frequently.
Slowing pour in the milk whisking constantly until the sauce is smooth.
Remove from the heat and fold in the cream cheese. Once it's blended, add the pepper jack cheese stirring until it's smooth then add the tomatoes and season with salt to taste.
Serve right away with tortilla chips.