Antipasto Salad with fresh greens, Italian meats and cheese, tomatoes, artichokes and crispy chickpeas drizzled with an easy, homemade Balsamic Vinaigrette.
- 6-7 cups romaine lettuce chopped (or any mixed greens)
- 1 large tomato sliced
- 1 cup roasted chickpeas see body of post for instructions
- 1/2 cup salami sliced/diced
- 1/2 cup ham sliced/diced
- 1/2 cup provolone cheese sliced
- 6 ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts drained
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Add the ingredients for the dressing to jar. Shake well then set aside.
Air fry or bake the chickpeas (see instructions in body of post).
Drain the artichoke hearts then chop and slice all the ingredients.
Place the lettuce in a large bowl or platter. Arrange the meats, cheese, chickpeas and artichokes over the top.
There are 2 options with the dressing:1) Drizzle half of the dressing over the salad then toss to coat, serving the rest at the table.2) Serve all of the dressing at the table for everyone to add as they like.If I think there will be leftovers, I go with option 2. That way I can refrigerate the leftovers up to 2 days and they won't be soggy.