Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Kabobs
Grilled Mediterranean Salmon Kabobs basted with lemon garlic-herb sauce. Lightly charred outside, juicy inside skewered with fresh vegetables.
Servings: 5 kabobs
- 14-16 ounces salmon filets skin removed, cut in 1 1/2-2" chunks
- 1 large lemon thinly sliced
- 1 medium zucchini or summer squash thinly sliced
- 6-8 whole cherry tomatoes
- 10-12 bamboo skewers to double skewer, otherwise 5-6 skewers
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 whole garlic cloves grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large lemon juice and zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary OR 1 teaspoon dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano OR 1 teaspoon dry
- 1 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Prepping the kabobs:
Soak wooden skewers in water 15-20 minutes before grilling.
Whisk the chopped parsley, grated garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, chopped rosemary, oregano, salt and pepper together in a small bowl then set aside.
Remove the skin from the salmon then cut into 1 1/2″ to 2″ chunks. Thinly slice the zucchini and the remaining lemon. Leave the tomatoes whole.
Thread the salmon, lemon, zucchini and cherry tomatoes onto the skewers alternating between fish and vegetables.
Brush olive oil onto the grates (or use cooking spray) so the kabobs don’t stick.
Brush the skewers with the basting sauce then lightly season with salt. Place them face down, baste the other side and close the grill cover.
Cook 8-10 minutes total turning and basting every 2-3 minutes until the salmon is cooked through.The salmon is finished cooking when it’s an opaque color, lightly charred and has an internal temp of about 145°.