Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket
Easy, cheesy, spicy appetizer. Simple to make; always a hit.
- 1 package Crescent dough sheet crescent rolls are fine, just seal the perforations
- 14 ounce package mini smoked cocktail sausages
- 1/4 cup jalapeno from the jar drained and finely chopped (or more to taste)
- 4 ounces cream cheese room temp
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup bacon bits or 3 slices of bacon cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 egg + 2 tablespoons water (egg wash)
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- Parchment paper optional but makes cleanup easier
Parchment paper (optional but makes cleanup easier)
Preheat the oven to 375° then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Bring the cream cheese to room temperature then drain and finely chop the jalapenos.
Unroll the crescent dough then carefully spread the cream cheese over the dough covering the entire surface. Scatter the shredded cheese over the top of the dough then top with jalapeno and bacon bits.
Slice the dough (I used a pizza cutter) into about 1″ strips then cut those strips into thirds.
Working one at a time, add one smoky link to the cut strip and roll. Transfer the Jalapeno Popper Pigs in a Blanket to the baking sheet seam side down and continue until they’re all rolled.
Prepare the egg wash by whisking the egg and water together. Lightly brush the top and sides of each one then sprinkle with a little coarse salt over the top. Bake 10-13 minutes or until golden brown and serve warm.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg