The BEST Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks I’ve ever made – way better than the local pizzeria plus hot and ready whenever you are! Soft bread with crispy bottom brushed with garlic-parmesan butter and finished with gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
For the best Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks I’ve ever made, skip the stuff from your local pizzeria. This bread is super easy to make because it starts with refrigerated pizza dough.
The dough is brushed with garlic-parmesan cheese butter and finished with plenty of gooey, melted mozzarella cheese.
It’ll be your favorite garlic bread recipe. You just don’t know it yet.
Here are a few reasons why this is the best Cheesy Garlic Bread I’ve ever made:
- It’s incredibly easy because it starts with refrigerated, premade pizza dough.
- It has not just one, but two kinds of cheese for the ultimate flavor.
- The texture is spot on – warm, soft bread with a lightly crisp bottom.
- The perfect amount of butter, garlic and parmesan cheese are brushed onto the dough for layer upon layer of delicious taste.
- You decide how much mozzarella cheese so it’s as cheesy as you like!
- It’s the perfect snack or side dish with pasta, soup, salad.
- This recipe is kid approved!
tips for the best Garlic Cheesy Bread every time:
- Use a baking sheet large enough to spread the dough out without touching the sides of the pan. This will make sure the edges will be golden and lightly crisp.
- Spritz the baking sheet with cooking spray so the bread doesn’t stick.
- This step is optional, but I like to sprinkle on a little cornmeal after the cooking spray and before I place the dough on the baking sheet. It adds a little extra flavor and crispiness to the bottom of the bread.
- Experiment with other cheeses to see which kind(s) you like best. Fontina, Provolone, Cheddar, Colby Jack or even Pepper Jack would be delicious.
- Let the bread rest a minute or two before you slice it so you don’t lose all that cheesy goodness.
what’s in cheesy garlic breadsticks?
- refrigerated classic pizza dough
- melted butter
- garlic powder
- grated parmesan cheese (I use the one in the green can)
- cooking spray
- (optional) cornmeal
- dry Italian seasoning
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- fresh parsley
- (optional) marinara or pizza sauce for dipping
how to make cheesy garlic breadsticks:
Preheat the oven to 425°.
Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl then blend in the garlic powder and parmesan cheese and set aside.
Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray then (optional) evenly sprinkle the cornmeal over the surface of the baking sheet.
Unroll the pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet gently pressing down any curled edges.
Brush the garlic butter evenly over the top then sprinkle on the dry Italian seasoning.
Add the mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough then bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly golden.
Remove the bread from the oven, sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and let it rest 1-2 minutes.
Make one long slice down the middle of the bread, then smaller slices on the sides to form the breadsticks.
Enjoy right away as a side dish or with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.
what goes with this bread?
Cheesy Garlic Bread makes an ideal snack (think after school!) with some pizza sauce or marinara. Here are ideas to serve as a side dish:
- Minestrone Soup – hearty, healthy authentic Italian soup. Rich tomato broth loaded with vegetables, herbs and beans.
- 20 Minute Sausage Tortellini – 20 minute ONE POT meal. Italian sausage, tortellini, tomatoes and spinach in a delicious creamy, cheesy sauce.
- Baked Mostaccioli – easy, homemade meat sauce with pasta blanketed in 3 kinds of cheese baked to hot and bubbly perfection. A family-friendly classic and guaranteed crowd pleaser.
- Lasagna Soup -Slow Cooker OR One Pot (30 Minute) Lasagna Soup. Ground beef and lasagna noodles in a rich cheesy tomato broth. Top with ricotta – comfort comfort flavor without all the work!
want more recipes like this?
There are so many recipes that start with pizza dough. Here are a few on the blog:
- Focaccia Bread – fresh baked focaccia bread from pizza dough in under 30 minutes! Light and airy, topped with olive oil, fresh rosemary, a sprinkle of sea salt and parmesan cheese.
- Cheesy Christmas Tree Bread – another simple pizza dough recipe – ideal for the holiday season! Outrageously good appetizer or side dish. Soft pull-apart bread with garlic butter, fresh herbs and plenty of gooey cheese baked until golden perfection.
If you tried this Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks recipe or any other on the blog then I hope you’ll leave a comment and some stars!
Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks
- 1 13.8 ounce package refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese grated (I used green can)
- cooking spray
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
- 1 teaspoon dry Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded (or more for even cheesier bread!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- marinara or pizza sauce (optional for dipping)
- Preheat the oven to 425°.
- Melt the butter in the microwave in a small bowl then blend in the garlic powder and parmesan cheese and set aside.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray then (optional) evenly sprinkle the cornmeal over the surface of the baking sheet.
- Unroll the pizza dough onto the prepared baking sheet gently pressing down on any curled edges.
- Brush the garlic butter evenly over the top then sprinkle on the dry Italian seasoning.
- Add the mozzarella cheese evenly over the dough then bake 10-12 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly golden.
- Remove the bread from the oven, sprinkle with parsley then let it rest 1-2 minutes.
- Make one long slice the length of the bread then smaller slices on the sides to form breadsticks. Enjoy plain or with marinara or pizza sauce for dipping.