This Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix recipe is the ultimate party snack combining crunchy, salty and that marriage made in heaven, Buffalo and ranch.
I’ve found myself picking through premade snack mixes for my favorite parts and pushing aside others. Please don’t judge me; let’s stop the madness and make our own snack mix!
This Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix recipe couldn’t be faster or easier and the best part ~ you’re guaranteed to have it exactly as you like it.
Crunchy, salty and boldly spicy. Read on.
I used to make a trail mix for my youngest daughter for her cheerleading snack with Teddy Grahams, M&M’s, Goldfish crackers and raisins. I didn’t say it was healthy, but the sweet-salty blend was ridiculously good.
Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix is like a grown up trail mix. Set a few bowls out at your next party or tailgate and watch it disappear.
When we were in New Orleans recently for a food blog conference, we ate some really amazing spicy Cajun food including a snack mix we couldn’t stop eating until the bowl was empty. Food inspiration really is everywhere.
Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix Ingredients:
- wheat Chex
- corn Chex
- white cheddar Cheez-It crackers
- Goldfish pretzels
- unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- Melba toast
- Frank’s buffalo sauce
- Worchestershire sauce
- packet original ranch seasoning
How to make buffalo ranch snack mix:
In a large microwavable bowl, add the Chex cereal, Cheez-Its, Goldfish, nuts and Melba toast giving it a stir.
Next in a small microwavable bowl, add the butter and Worcestershire sauce then cook on high 30-40 seconds or until the butter is melted. Add the buffalo sauce and package of ranch mix and stir until it’s completely blended.
Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture then gently stir 2-3 minutes scooping everything from the bottom and making sure all the pieces are completely coated.
Microwave uncovered on high 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
Remove the snack mix from the microwave, spread it on a baking sheet and cover loosely with paper towel to cool. Once the snack mix has cooled, store in an airtight container.
This ultimate party snack is easily customizable with whatever you have on hand.
Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix Substitute Options:
- mixed nuts
- sesame sticks
If you tried this recipe or any other on the blog, don’t forget to leave a comment or star rating ~ I love hearing from you!
Buffalo Ranch Snack Mix
- 4 cups corn Chex
- 4 cups wheat Chex
- 2 cups white cheddar Cheez-It crackers
- 2 cups Goldfish pretzels
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 1/2 cup Melba toast can substitute bagel crisps
- 6 tablespoons butter melted
- 1/2 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
- 1 ounce packet ranch dressing mix
- In a large microwavable bowl, combine the cereal, Cheez-Its, goldfish, nuts, and Melba toast.
- In a small microwavable bowl, add the butter and worcestershire sauce and cook on high 30-40 seconds or until it’s melted then add the buffalo sauce and the package of ranch mix.
- Stir until it’s completely blended.
- Pour the sauce over the cereal mixture and gently stir 2-3 minutes making sure all the pieces are coated.
- Microwave uncovered on high 6 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Remove the snack mix from the microwave and spread it on a paper towel lined baking sheet to cool.
- Once completely cooled, store in an airtight container.